Monday, February 1, 2016

Bus Rides and Miracles

Hi family and friends!!! 

Mexican popsicles

MilkShakes

At the bus stop...in the rain

Bus Rides!

Selfies



Well really not a whole lot happened this week....so I don´t have a whole lot to say. 

Monday night we went and visited Evaneta, the lady we found tracting. She basically told us for 20-30 minutes why she couldn´t continue meeting with us. I asked if we could finish out last lesson with her. We taught her about Joseph Smith and the Restoration. After we finished she said she needed to pray and ask God for guidance about which church to join because she didn´t know. She wasn´t at church yesterday, so I don´t know what happened. BUT I do know that there is power in the Restoration and that when we share it people´s hearts will be touched. 

We have one less active who we visited twice. She likes to cook. We broke the ice with her talking a lot about food, and now I will get to learn to cook a little bit!!! And her husband isn´t a member, so we are going to try to teach him!

We were trying to find more people to teach this week and Heavenly Father blessed us a lot. We had to take the bus a lot this week. And for a long time too. One day we were going to lunch, which was about 40 minutes by bus and this lady behind us said Sisters, and started talking to us. She´s a member, but hasn´t been to church in four years. She has four daughters, but only two are baptized. One of the others is 12 and wants to be baptized!!! and the other is 3. So we started teaching Roberta the first lesson!!! :) So awesome! That same day we visited them, we were sitting waiting for the bus and we made a contact with this guy who seemed interested and we set up to meet with him. And we went to the lesson and it was raining, he lives in almost the middle of nowhere. And we got in the house and it literally started DUMPING BUCKETS. It was crazy. And then his mom fed us and his sister gave us a ride home. Sound like a perfect investigator? I think so haha. 

Well, that´s really about all that happened this week.

however, I did want to share one little thing I found during personal study saturday. So I was reading the Book of Mormon, and I got to that part where Nephi is quoting Isaiah. I wasn´t paying a whole lot of attention, and then realized I wasn´t and tried to really start understanding what he was saying. He was talking about the Atonement. And I found this little verse that I love: 

1 Nephi 21:16
"Behold I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." 

This simple verse of scripture has so much meaning for me. our Savior literally suffered and died on the cross for us. He loves us so much. Our pains, our sufferings, sicknesses, afflictions, trials, everything is engraven in two prints in His hands, where two nails were driven through his palms that He could be nailed to the cross. Those marks are reminders to Him of our suffering. He is suffering there with us. He will never leave us alone. He knows each one of us individually because of those marks. And because of those marks, we are literally in His hands, and we can put our burdens and our sins on Him, we can give him our hurt and pain so that we don´t have to deal with it any more. And He will take it from us, He is begging us to hand it over, we only have to let Him take it. 

I love the atonement. I am so grateful for the sacrifice our Savior made so that I can become better, so that one day I can live with my family again, and so that I can share this happy message here with these people in Brazil. 

I love you all! 
Have a wonderful week! 

Sister Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment