Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Happy Late Mother's Day

Oi família e amigos! 

I hope you are all doing well and that all you mothers out there were treated well yesterday! Happy (belated) Mother´s Day. Thank you, Mothers for always supporting your children and for giving up your time and dedicating your energy to helping us. 
A special thanks to my mom, who is the greatest mother I know and who has helped me more than she knows. Thank you for your example and for helping me to get to where I am today. Love you mom! 

Well, I am in this new area, Fazenda do Max, which translated literally means Max´s Farm. And that's about what it is. Our area is really pretty small compared with what I am used to. We have a couple small family-owned markets and bakeries close to our house, but I don´t think that there is a real market here. And there is only one lanhouse with five computers in the whole area. There´s really not a lot here. There´s about 5,000 dogs and everyone here seems to know everyone just about. But it is really pretty. There are mountains all around us and there are huge hills that we literally have to hike up to get to our investigators, but it is really awesome here. The ward is awesome and they are helping us a lot and it´s good stuff. 

Well, we had a zone training this week, our first with this new zone. And it was kind of really sad. Our other zone was really unified and everybody was friends and we laughed and joked like the whole time. We got here and I literally knew like 4 people. And it´s really quiet and pretty awkward. But the training we got was good. We learned that we need to jump off the boat. We have to get out of our comfort zone and do more and keep working harder to get the results that we want, so that was cool. 

Well, we have some pretty cool investigators here. We are teaching a couple of kids and I am in shock at how much they know and how pure and innocent they are, how much they want to learn about God and Jesus and how willing they are to keep commitments, unlike a lot of the adults here. So that is super awesome! 

Well, that´s about it. I really don´t have much to say to ya´ll cuz I just talked to my fam yesterday and they heard most of the stories, so not really sure what else there is to say. 

Hope you are all doing well! 
Love you! 

Sister Wilkins
The famous Floripa bridge.  It's legit!

A huge hill we walk in the new area.  MUCH bigger than it looks.

New Comps

No comments:

Post a Comment