Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Merry Christmas! #SEJAaLUZdoMUNDO

Oi família e amigos, 

This week has been difficult. We had a lot of appointments marked for the week and all but one fell through. We´ve knocked doors a lot. And very few people let us in. We had 3 and a half days without a single new investigator, and very very few lessons. We have faced a lot of rejection, but it has allowed me to reflect a lot on the Savior´s birth and how he suffered it all. All the rejection in the world. He suffered it all for us. 

Well, interesting things this week...
We met a man who plays the accordion professionally. He let me try to play and take a picture with it. It is super heavy and I learned that you have to be super coordinated to play.

We had our Christmas conference this week, which was super fun and strange.
As it was my last zone activity I was asked to bear my testimony, along with all the other missionaries who will be leaving in January. Well, to keep it short I cried a lot. But in that moment I realized how much my mission has helped me come to know my Savior and understand more about the Atonement and what He has done for me. I felt that I could feel a small part of the pain he felt and the rejection, but I was also able to feel the heavenly joy that comes as people accept the gospel. What an incredible feeling.

Sister Ogle and I played ping pong....we aren´t very good but we had a ton of fun. 
Got a letter from the Stake Presidency. Loved it! If they read this (or not) give them a huge thank you for me!! :) 

Well, I don´t have much else to say. 
Remember the reason we have Christmas. And remember to share that reason with others. Remember to have a little more charity and be a little more like our Savior during this week. 
Love you all! 
Merry Christmas! 
Sister Wilkins

Christmas conference:


Sister Child!



Me trying to play the accordion


And a super pretty lake here in our area...sorry it was cloudy, not as pretty...

No comments:

Post a Comment