Monday, April 18, 2016

Facebook Referral!

Hey fam! 
Well this week was kind of crazy.

We got a new investigator. His name is Mauro. He found the church through Facebook and requested a Book of Mormon, so we went and took him one this week. He was super excited and knew that this path is right for him. He came to church on Sunday and asked us when he could get baptized, so we are going to work really really hard and he´ll be baptized next Saturday! We are so excited! He is hilarious! He is literally like a character out of an animated film, or pixar or something...I keep thinking like Monsters Inc, but I am not sure why. He is super funny though. 

I gave another training in District meeting about how important the spirit is and how we don´t have to be crying or shaking to feel the Spirit, in fact we should feel the spirit every day and those are feelings we aren´t necessarily going to feel every day. It didn´t go how  I had planned, but everyone said it was good. I have learned that it is extremely important to be attentive to the Spirit and willing to change what you want to say so that others can hear the things that they need. 

We found a lizard in the church during district meeting. We named him Jorgy. He was super cute. He pooped in my hand when I picked him up and we almost accidentally killed him, but then found out that he was just playing dead, and then he escaped. But we had a little lizard friend for a while. 

We found out Bruna and Robson are probably moving back to Caçador, which is super duper sad. We don´t know for sure, but we will find out tonight. They haven´t started their marriage papers because they found out that they might be moving, so we aren´t totally sure what´s going on yet. 

This week I learned a lot about service. They talked about service a lot in general conference and I received the inspiration that I need to serve more. So I started serving in as many ways as I could find this week. And oh my goodness, the blessings of serving are real. I cleaned a lot of the house and I was so happy, and I hate cleaning our apartment because it just gets dirty ten seconds later. And I just kept wanting to find ways to serve. I was able to catch up on a lot of things that I personally needed to do as I put aside my time for me to help others. I know that service brings us closer to Christ and makes us happy. It can also impact the life of another for good. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here and to serve and for all those of you back at home and on missions who helped me to get to this point today. I love this gospel, and as I once said to a group of youth I will say it again and again, there is no better way to serve than to share your testimony of the gospel with others. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to do just that. 

I love you all! 

Have a wonderful week! 


Easter!

Elder Reis (old DL)

Jake's Mission Call!

Mini Cristo Luz

Mission Tour


We found the Statue of Liberty!


Sister Child!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment