Monday, September 5, 2016

Lessons Learned

Oi familia e amigos! 

Well, this week wasn´t too interesting. We received a referral of a less-active that the Elders contacted on the street. His name is Cassio, he´s been less-active for 7 years and his family (wife and 3 step kids) are not members!! And they are going through some health difficulties. They are super awesome. We haven´t met the wife yet, but we are going to go back this week. He wants us to teach them and he wants to come back to church! Super excited about that! Please pray for Cassio and his family! 

Well, we found out that our house is over 2 miles from the church....haha. We walk A LOT here. 

I tried hibiscus tea this week....couldn´t stop thinking about hibiscus bisque and then got a little trunky for a few minutes laughing at studio c and my family in my head. haha

Well, I wanted to tell you all about a couple things that I have learned this week. 
I have been going through some rough things this transfer on the mission and there have been a lot of tears and a lot of prayers. And a lot of scripture study. 

Last week at the end of email time I was trying to open the missionary page when the computer sent me to the church homepage, and there was an article by Elder Bednar about Accepting the Lord´s will and timing. I became interested and opened it, because it sounded like something that I needed to hear with everything that was going on. 
He talks about the experiencing of a newly-wed couple who found out that the 23 year old husband had cancer 3 weeks after the wedding. He talks about the experience, the prayers, the faith, and the Priesthood blessings. And then Elder Bednar enters the story. He asked the couple if they had the faith for John not to be healed. 
Well, that got me thinking because it talked a lot about this faith to not be healed, which seems like a strange thing. Well, this is strong faith. It is the faith to know that God knows what is best for us and to accept His will. We can still pray for what we want to happen, but prayer is not to alter the will of the Father, but to align our will with His and learn the humility to accept His will. We have to have the faith that the things we want to happen will be with the Lord´s will and if they aren´t accept what is. I learned this: Faith is knowing that something can happen. Humility and strong faith is accepting what will happen.

Well, hope that that helps some of you out there! 
Love you! 
Have a great week! 
Sister Wilkins

I had to jump out a window to rescue my conditioner that fell out the bathrrom window into a little area next to our apartment.
Our new district

Lovely bug bites are coming back

No comments:

Post a Comment