Tuesday, June 14, 2016

FREEZING!... Not sure if this is Brazil haha


Chocolate covered strawberries!!! THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER THAT I HAVE HAD THESE!!!! :) 
Oi familia e amigos! 

This week was crazy! 
We had to spend forever cleaning out our apartment this week because it basically looked like a tornado hit it after monday. So that was a fun experience. 
This doesn´t do it justice...but this was the mess of clothing before it was separated.
There are now 6 large black garbage bags of old clothing sitting on our floor, in addition to the clothing we set aside that we thought would be useful. 
And when we were done....

We found little larva worms in boxes and they were crawling on our floor. That was disgusting. And we learned that our bathroom is actually white! So, that was a good part of how we spent our week. 

We are also FREEZING! Which I never expected to happen here in Brazil. But there is ice on the windows of the cars in the morning and it has gotten really pretty cold here lately. Small miracle is that the heater the mission bought us got here this week and we have heavy coats! 

This week we were blessed to have a new ward mission leader called. He moved here about the same time Sister Ogle and I arrived. And he is AMAZING!!!! He is so ready to work and hit the ground running with us and we are super excited. And he is only a convert of 4 years, never served a mission and says that this is his opportunity. He gave a talk yesterday in sacrament about missionary work and how the members can help. We got asked by so many members if we need anything and they said to call if we needed a ride, food, anything! THIS WARD IS AMAZING!!!!! We went and visited 6 different houses yesterday and were fed at every single one.....talk about a lot of food...we went home exhausted and completely stuffed...couldn´t even manage a little breakfast this morning haha. 
But seriously this ward is perfect. We get to church and the first thing said to us is who needs a ride to church that we can go pick up? Our members are always giving us rides and food, and our bishop is super on top of things. We don´t have to ask for help, because he has already done the few things that we need. It is AMAZING!!! We  really don´t want to leave this area...ever. It is perfect. The whole mission raves about how perfect Balneario is...but I think that a lot of them look at something great and grand that has lots of beaches and they think that it is paradise...I have learned that paradise is where you are, where the ward knows how to help and are willing and everyone wants to do anything they can to help the work move forward. I am sooooo grateful for this ward. It´s the little things that make the difference.  (Belneario was Mady's last area)

We visited the teenager that I told you about last week again. She is so prepared. She isn´t pregnant. She prayed about Joseph Smith after we taught her about it and she said she knew that it was all true. We taught her about the Book of Mormon this week and she started reading it, went back yesterday and she had prayed and knew it was true!!!!! We asked her what she was going to do with this knowledge, this response she´d had and she said "I think I am going to be baptized in your church." We were just like WHAAAAAATTT?! (Just like the minions say it) hahahaha! IT was amazing!!! 
I know that the Lord prepares people to hear about the gospel in the time that is right for them and I know that they will accept when the time is right. It is truly amazing to me to see the hand of the Lord working in other people´s lives! I love it! 
I am so grateful to be on the mission and be able to see that everyday! 

I am so grateful for all of you! Love you all! 
Let me know if I can help you and if you have any questions, please don´t hesitate to ask! I know that sometimes things I say don´t make sense because my brain is in portuguese mode or the way we explain things here is different, but if you have a question feel free to send an email my way! 
LOVE YOU! 
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!!! 

Sister Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment