Monday, July 18, 2016

TRANSFERS AND 1 YEAR!

Oi família e amigos!!! 

Well, I have got a feeling that I probably will not be able to include everything that I want to in this email because this week was slightly crazy. But...I will do my best. 

Well, first of all we got transfer calls this week. I am being transferred...to Chapecó. Which is literally on the other side of the mission. so I will be getting on a bus tonight and riding for 11-12 hours to get there! wahoo! haha. I will have a Brazilian companion who just got here last transfer. It should be pretty fun! 

Well, we were doing contacts on the street one day here...well, like every other day. But this day was different. WE got close to giving up because it was getting cold and dark and no one was on the street. So, we decided to walk one more street...and what happened?! TWO police officers stopped us asking if we were American. I stopped and said yes, asked them where they were from...and there began the conversation. One of them knew a little about the church and started asking about the Book of Mormon...so what did we do? We had a lesson on the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith´s vision right there on the street with two policemen whose boss kept telling them they needed to leave, but they kept talking. It was AWESOME! 

I don´t know if you guys remember the couple that I told you about last week? The returned missionary and her husband? Well, we got to teach them a couple times this week and they are AMAZING!!! Bruno doesn´t have a lot of religious background, but Naira has taught him a little and he already recognizes the Spirit in his home when we talk about the gospel!!! IT is wonderful!!! He really gets it, and I love watching him and seeing how happy he is learning and talking about it! Families like this one really make missionary work worth it.

I celebrated one year on the mission this week! 
Add caption
Cut up shirt for one year!

We celebrated by going to Floripa to pick up my bus ticket for transfers and then ordering a wonderful Brazilian pizza. Best in the world. 
It was pretty great. Thank you all for all your support and helping me get to this point.


Well, 7 and a half months with my little trainee...have to say that these months have not been easy. Sister Ogle and I have been through a lot together. We have struggled, had crazy roommates, and worked like crazy. We´ve cried together and laughed together and seen people change their lives over and over again. We have met some of the most wonderful people and we have had numerous doors slammed in our faces and hung up on over the phone. We have been through a lot together and I love her more than I can explain. She has shown me how to be a better missionary. She has taught me how to more fully love other people and to serve. She has shown me more of what it means to be a Christlike example and to really help these people that we are teaching...Sister Ogle probably won´t read this...but if she gets the chance, I hope that you know that I LOVE YOU! :) 

Well, I love you all. Thank you again for all your love and support. Let me know what I can do to help you! 

Matthew 26 and Hebrews 13:5-6
This was the majority of my study this week. It was pretty great. Maybe you´d like it too. 
Love you! 
Sister Wilkins


No comments:

Post a Comment