Monday, October 10, 2016

Yet Another Transfer

Oi família e amigos!! 

Well, this week started with Tuesday night at 10:30 receiving transfer calls from President. I am staying here in Chapecó and my new comp, Sister Evangelista already arrived. And Sister E. Costa left for Caçador. 
I lived with Sister Evangelista back in Balneário. So should be good! 


Well, this week we found a new investigator. We were teaching Gilberto, a new investigator we found a couple weeks ago. He accepted to be baptized in the second lesson. And this was our third lesson with him. He didn´t want to take on any sort of commitment of going to church. Sister E. Costa and I were about to drop him. And then his roommate, Allisom (it´s a guy´s name here) showed up and started participating in the lesson. He was super interested, and super awesome. We asked if we could say a closing prayer. He literally flew off the couch, standing in front of us with his hands out, ready to hold hands and pray. Sister E. Costa and I just smiled. I have never seen anyone so excited to pray in my life. Reminded me a little of the importance of prayers. That we should see it as something exciting! Not just something that we are required to do on a daily basis, not just something routine, because it is so much more. It is a sacred connection with a loving Heavenly Father who will never abandon us. 

Well, we had our last district meeting as a district, but out of the 6 of us, only Sister Evangelista is new this transfer. 

We are also teaching a couple that belongs to the Spirit church...not sure what it´s called in English. In Portugues it´s Espíritismo. Anyway, they believe in the reincarnation. Among many other strange things. But it has been a very eye opening experience. It has helped me to understand better and become more grateful for the chance that I have to know about God´s plan for me-where I came from, why I am here, and what will happen to me after this life. It helps me to know why some people suffer in this life and others have it so seemingly easy. And sadly, there are many people who still do not understand this. Well, I am forever grateful for this plan: the Plan of Salvation. It is real. We CAN live together with our families forever. But we must do our part to earn that salvation. 
If you want to know more about it, enter in contact with the local missionaries of the church, they would love to teach you! 

Love you all! 
Have a wonderful week! 
Sister Wilkins

District meeting, 
and Elder Fonseca, from the other district


A less active being reactivated and his mom! 


And this morning at the rodoviaria saying goodbye to the comp

No comments:

Post a Comment