Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Buffalo Wings and Carpet

Well oi familia e amigos! 

This week not a whole lot happened, but I will share what I can. 

So last Pday we went to Big, which is a store owned by Walmart, which is basically just a mini walmart in Brazil with a different name. HOLY COW!!! We stayed there for like 3 hours and it was SOOO FUN. We walked up and down every aisle looking for what they did and didn´t have that American Walmart has. It was soooo weird, but so wonderful! And it is pretty cheap! And they have clothes...so we took a little shopping spree. haha. SO FUN!!! :) 

Bruna and Robson we seriously visited 4 or 5 times this week. Haha!!! We had lessons about the Plan of Salvation, the Word of Wisdom, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They are learning super fast and they really understand. When we talked about the Word of Wisdom we weren´t even planning on having a lesson and Bruna just asked about coffee, so we sat down and had the whole lesson. It went really well. They smoke, but from the moment we talked about it they haven´t smoked a single cigarette!!! They are praying for help and Sister Ogle and I were both shocked when they told us that they had just stopped, that it was difficult, but they hadn´t smoked at all again. WHAT?! :) And they are super excited about it! They love to tell people they are addiction free and that they stopped smoking! We had to move their baptism date to April 16 because they aren´t married and the marriage process here is kind of really long...45 days. So we are waiting for their documents and everything to go through. But they are super excited about their baptisms and they are already trying to share the gospel and telling people that they belong to our church! It is amazing to see how much they have already changed!!! 

WE HAD AMERICAN FOOD FOR LUNCH YESTERDAY!!! :) There is an Irmão in the ward who served in Salt Lake and he made Buffalo wings!!! They were so good! AHHH soooo good. Although, they didn´t have a lot of heat in them and I was dying...I don´t know how I am going to eat spicy food when I get back haha. And they had carpet in their house!!! THE FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN CARPET IN 7.5 MONTHS!!!! :) It was wonderful!!!

This week we found out that one of our less actives passed away. We had been trying to call her and such and she wasn´t answering, which is not normal. We were at lunch with a counselor in the Relief Society presidency and I had the feeling to ask about the less-active and she let us know that she had passed away the last couple days in February. She was such a fun, happy, funny little lady that I will miss visiting. But I know that one day I will see her again and she will be even happier and funnier there :)

This week I was reading the conference talk about ponderizing. I hope all of you that resolved to do this challenge to ponderize a scripture once a week are doing better than I did. I restarted this week. And I realized how important it is. It is only one scripture. 80% pondering, 20% memorization. You do not have to memorize the scripture word for word. Just know where it is and what it talks about, the key phrases. And the Spirit will help you to use that scripture, to remember it in times of need!!! What a great way to learn the scriptures!!! :) Enos 1:4-that was mine this week. What was yours?

Well, we got a call from the AP on Friday because we are going to have a general authority visiting our mission next week. He asked me and Sister Ogle to sing. So we are going to sing....yup please pray for us. We need it. I think it is going to be a group of about 10 of us..please pray. We need help. haha

Well, that is about it for this week. 
I love you all and hope that things are well! 
Sister Wilkins

 

No comments:

Post a Comment