Monday, March 14, 2016

Nose rings, birthday, and mission call

Oi família e amigos! Tudo bem?!?!

Well, things here are super great right now. Holy cow so much has happened in the last two days, but I will get to that in a bit. 

First off, we had a lesson on Tuesday with Bruna and Robson about the Law of Chastity. We were talking about piercings and tatoos at the end and Bruna has a nosering. I wasn´t totally sure how to go about telling her straight up that she´d have to get rid of it. Well, the lesson ended and we sat and were waiting while Robson got the pie he´d bought us three ready (it was international women´s day....happy international women´s day everybody, haha), and Bruna came back in the room with something small cupped in her hand. It was the nosering. She said "I guess I won´t be needing this any more" and then walked to the window and chucked it into the street. My jaw was on the floor. Holy cow, that was seriously like one of the coolest things I have ever seen! I am so grateful for their examples and for their great faith, and that they are so willing to follow the commandments that our father in heaven has given to us. 

Wednesday we went to pick them up before a ward integration night. Bruna had surprised me and made what is called (translated) a cracker pie, which is absolutely delicious even though it doesn´t sound it, for my birthday. They sang and we ate and it was super good! 

Integration night we did that activity with the three kingdoms of glory like we did back in Oficinas, Tubarão. Except this one we put details on different parts. It was really cool to see how much sense it made to people who are not members of this church. To see the looks on their faces as they accepted baptism so that they could move on to the celestial kingdom. It was really amazing. 

Well, I turned 20 this week and that was really weird. I woke up in the morning to a surprise breakfast, a lot of balloons, and a bunch of little gifts on the table with the sisters in my house singing happy birthday in three different languages, although they didn´t really know how it ended in English so that was kind of hilarious. We ate cake and french toast for breakfast (because I have the best comp in the world, who woke up early and stayed up late to make all of this possible). Everything was pretty normal until we got to lunch. They made a super nice lunch for me and it was super fun. And then at the end they pulled out a cake. So we had cake and brigadeiro and it was amazing. We visited two less actives who are finally starting to progress, so that was great. And then we went home and watched the District while eating more cake and brigadeiro. 
I got a call from a member saying that my brother´s mission call had arrived and I got permission to skype with my family to watch it, so basically it was the best birthday ever. By the way, he is going to Russia and I still can´t believe it, but he is going to do super great!!! 

This week my scripture to ponderize was John 14:15-"if ye love me, keep my commandments"
I love this scripture and l learned a lot from it this week. If we love our Savior and our Father in Heaven we need to show that love by keeping the commandments, demonstrating our faith as well. But I also learned about how he makes us a promise in return. "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love". We cannot lose if we keep the commandments. Sure it isn´t always easy and it´s definitely not always convenient, but when we do we will be filled with love and we will be more receptive to the Spirit. The commandments are guidelines, they are meant as protection and when we keep them we will be blessed. 

Have a wonderful week! :)
Love you all! 
Sister Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment